Bluebird Day on Isolation 3/9

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarpy

Reaction score
Our original plan (cousin Taylor & I)was to use Glen Boulder Trail up to Davis Path but we changed coarse because the parking lot was unplowed. Looking up at Boott Spur from the summit of Isolation that may have been a good thing. It looks like a challenge getting up & over that twice. We ended up on Rocky Branch Trail at about 7:30. The trail started out solid enough to change from snowshoes to spikes. That lasted until the climbing started. Just enough loose snow to require snowshoes. The day could not have been better. The weather was fantastic with no wind and temps (according to my cheap thermometer) in the lower 40's. Borderline too warm. We experienced some balling on the snowshoes (Tubbs Flex Alps)midmorning but once it warmed up in the shadows that stopped. The bushwack was very easy to find and saved a couple miles total. Met Art (forgot your trail name again) and 1slowhiker along with several other groups & individuals. The gray jays were out looking for handouts & we were happy to oblige.We met luckylaura in the parking lot on the way out. She told us 1slowhiker completed his 48 on this day. Congratulations to him! I wish we had known but we passed him as we were leaving and he was arriving at the summit. Also met up with a gentleman who injured his knee (4 miles in)about .8 from the trailhead moving very slowly. Wish I could have done something more to help. Heres to a speedy recovery. My first attempt to add photos below. For the rest follow the link.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4598160878122.1073741825.1415261101&type=1&l=3e3a1019cb

Attachments

• IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 129
Thanks for the pics. I had really hoped to get out there this winter...time seems against me at this point.

Beautiful pics - love the 1st image of the birch glades....beautiful.