Bonds trail conditions from Lincoln Woods?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SlowHiker

Reaction score
Anyone know the latest condition of the trails to the bonds from LW. I've seen one report of it being broken out to at least Bond Cliff with a hint that there may have been others following. I'm planning to do the Bonds from LW Tuesday (3/18) with either an overnight at Guyot or a night hike back. Also would LW trail be the well packed wide trail it was last week so that I can pull a pulk at least on it.

Afraid I don't know the answer, and it would be too late anyway if you are on schedule, but I'll be interested to hear what you found. We are planning the same hike for the weekend after next (3/29).

It's broken out to West Bond. I went as far as Bond on Sunday, and then Bob and his dog Dusty broke it out to West Bond and there were at least three other hikers who went there, too.

Today's weather looks beautiful, hope you are having a blast up there Marvin!! :)

-Chris

It's broken out to West Bond. I went as far as Bond on Sunday, and then Bob and his dog Dusty broke it out to West Bond and there were at least three other hikers who went there, too.

Today's weather looks beautiful, hope you are having a blast up there Marvin!! :)

-Chris
the weather was perfect. Clear sunny, views everywhere, some trail breaking on bond where trail had blown in and vanished. Stumbled into a spruce trap mine field but finally probed my way back to the trail. 19 hr in and out for me. The views were worth every minute of it. Will post trip later

Last edited:
I have two questions about this, as I'm looking to do a trip in that area and am weighing my options of different possibilities (and considering what I should pack!):

1) Anyone know the current conditions of Lincoln Woods trail out to the Bondcliff trail? Specifically, would the conditions on the ground be good for XC skiing on LW?

2) I was at the Guyot campsite in April a few years ago, and I seem to remember that despite the amount of snow, there was a spring and it was running. Does anyone know if that spring is flowing/accessible now, or is it frozen/does it get buried? I would certainly be prepared to melt snow anyway - but if the spring is running, I'll only pack my 1 L pot...which leads into my next question...

3) What size pot would you use for a 2-person winter 'packing trip, for melting snow? In groups, I've always been "self-contained" - all I have is a 1 L pot and that's sufficient for me (I know that I just have to carry extra fuel), with the exception of one 4-person trip, and the leader supplied the cook pot. The concept of "group gear" is a little bit foreign to me :eek:

Thanks!