Boott Spur - Friday, February 22, 2013

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTNRUNR

Reaction score
Arrived @ the Hiker lot about 9am to find it almost full! Guess everyone had checked the weather report :) Being in pretty poor shape I finally arrived @ LOC Hut about 11:20. Several others were there preparing to go various places on this gorgous day! IMG_0637.jpg

I'd worn snowshoes to here where I changed to microspikes, dry clothes from the waist up, ate and after almost 30 minutes headed up to the ridge. Once there I could see Boott Spur and made my way to it only to find that high point wasn't it. From there it was another half mile. IMG_0674.jpg

Arrived on the summit just before 1pm. All along the way I marveled at the stunning scenery and amazing weather this day! I followed a bit of a different track back to the Hut. For where I went microspikes were the best choice for me. There was hard pack, rocks, ice and some drifts and even got caught in one or two spruce traps! Arriving back @ the Hut about 2:15, it appeared to be sinking into the ice :eek: Copy of IMG_0739.jpg Ate the other half of my P&J sandwich, chatted with other Hikers and after 10 minutes headed down after changing into crampons. Interesting how the upper part of this trail never seems to follow the same track :D Bottom of the steeper section changed back to snowshoes and back to the car @ 3:50. Copy of IMG_0762.jpg

I see that Tim Seaver was also up there on Friday and posted some neat video! Thanks Tim!!!

Tim Lucia posted a nice TR and pictures from Friday!!! Thanks Tim!!! I thought I caught the aroma of some stinkyfeet prints as I hiked along ;)

Also congrat's to Hiker Ed for completing his 2nd round of the Grid this day on Jefferson!!! Awesome Ed and thanks for all you do for the "sport" :p

Aww... sorry we missed you, Fred. It was old home day up there on Friday!
BTW, see those snowshoe tracks up LOC roof? :D