Camel's Hump 4/1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxi

Reaction score
I was in VT this weekend, and had the pleasure of hiking on this beautiful Sunday up Camel's Hump via the Burrows Trail. What a treat! For some reason I was expecting mud, but was met with snow instead. I barebooted the whole way, although I wish I had remembered to bring the Kahtoolas as some traction would have been nice, although it wasn't a necessity. The trail was packed with so much snow, however, that the trail signs near the summit that are normally at eye level, were at shin level today, and some were at ankle level! The temps were warm, the wind light, and the views from the top were 360 degrees of gorgeous!! I could even see the northern presidentials! Wow! The 4.8 mile round trip gave a great workout, which is exactly what I needed, and it was so nice to see the surrounding beauty of VT, NH, and Canada from a peak that offered incredible views! Great day to be standing on top of a camel! :)