Carrigain for #48 7/26/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddie

Reaction score
This was the day planned for finishing the NH48 on Carrigain with sunny skies and awesome views. Ok, so it was fogged-in with intermittent rain spitting us on but it didn't dampen our day. Finishing with me was my 16 yr old son Eric, brother-in-law Mark and his 14 yr old son Alex. Great job guys! Eric and I now are NE96/115, NY and NH down and VT and ME to go.

I really wish I had something profound to say about the hike but it is a rather straight-forward 2h30m up and about the same down. I imagined the great views towards Crawford Notch and the Presidential Range from the knife-edge ridge, and from the platform, the Pemi Wilderness and Franconia Ridge spread before us and the gorgeous views of the Sandwich Range... out there somewhere in the clouds. We will be back for this one on a blue skies day.

Our week-long vacation hiking summary in numbers is: 92 miles, 25,000' ascended (cardio) and descended (knees), 14 peaks, 2 foot blisters, 177 photos, thousands of great memories.

NH has been a great experience thus far with its friendly people and beautiful places, both on and off the mountain.

A huge congrats to you, your brother-in-law, and your young men!! And another congrats for being so close to finishing the NE 115!

The boys looked so strong and happy coming down off of Owl's Head.

Awesome.

WHOO HOO!!! To you and Eric!! How special for you and your son to being working on the peaks together:)
KMAC