Cascade & Porter, our return to the ADK

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
Cascade & Porter, and our return to the ADK on Saturday december 12.:)
Our return in the Adirondack coincided with the return of winter conditions. We did not come in the ADK since last May, having decided to complete the NH48 list. We make our return to this beautiful region closest to our home. But we decided to be back at home in time for supper. I want a summit that we did long time ago. I think about, Cascade and Porter. Last time we did was May 2007.
I was informed that snowshoes were necessary and it is time to the Microspikes to take vacation. We leave early, but it's is always too early for Annie. We are the first arrivals to parking. The trail was not broke, so I'll be the first to open the trail. But another car arrived and start before us. Damn! I just missed my chance. Annie is already put heating pads for the feet to do not freeze her feet. We begin a few minutes behind her. There is 10-12in of fresh snow. It is superb, and there is little snowfall. After a little less than half the trail to Cascade we reach the girl. We talk together and she asked me to continue to open the trail. What I do with great pleasure. The wind is quite strong and it is quite cold. Our thermometer reads 7F and time of day it stated 0. We reach the intersection and we decided immediately to head towards to Porter. Again the trail was beautiful with all these trees laden with snow and frost. Arrived at the summit of Porter, it's so cold and the wind flows almost blow us to the ground. We immediately return to the intersection. The views of the surrounding mountains were beautiful. Arriving at the rock section of Cascade, Annie said “It's too cold I am not going to the summit”. I'm heading alone to the summit without my Backpack and only my camera. My camera has shown earlier signs of freezing for several hours. For several times it would not open. It's so cold and windy so I did not take too long to return to the shelter with Annie.
We find a place sheltered from wind to take our break.

A very nice day in the beautiful Adirondack with sunny periods. But whenever I wanted to take a picture of the breakthrough, the sun hid.

PHOTO OF OUR RETURN ON CASCADE AND PORTER AND IN THE ADIRONDACK

The first time you climb a mountain may be for the list but the second time may be for the love?

Nice pictures. The snow makes everything so beautiful.

Very nice! Definitely socked in with snow and looked cold. The one shot you got with the blue sky and the snowy trees came out great!