Catskills: Burroughs Range/Fri/Bal/Lone/Table Traverse

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&A

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in doing a day-hike that would traverse these 7 magnificient peaks (+ peekamoose time/energy permitting)? I'd like to do a car-spot, one at Moon Haw and one at Denning as this would give us the shortest, most direct route with the best change of completing the traverse.

I am flexible with dates, any time is good for me! But preferably let's go before the snows begin to fall and the routes become covered.

Thank you!

Snow's already falling... New Year's day rose to about 3" near Margaretville and perhaps tonight (monday) is calling for 6-10 in the catskills... The best time to have done what you plan on was probably just before Dec 31st as the trails before NYD would of been hardpacked by hikers and the ice that feel a few weeks ago.

Might have missed your opportunity for good snow... but then again, I can see some areas of your hike not being traversed in any condition...like between Rocky and Balsam Cap.

BTW, the bridge over the deer shanty/neversink is out again, though it's not completely out, it's skewed and may need some creativity to cross it. Take this into consideration if you plan on going towards Denning or toward's Moon Haw, would suck to start your traverse by falling into a stream.

Jay