Completing the New England 3000 footers

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigmoose,

We're at about 280. It's the driving and the distance that puts me off; I hate bad roads. And then our dog Genie is quite independent in the woods so I get nervous when she disappears for minutes at a time and more so when there's no trail.

Happy to tag along, though. The occasional whack reminds how much I like it. However, I have been listless a while and do feel a bit rudderless. We'll probably concentrate on redlining New Hampshah.

audrey said:
It's the driving and the distance that puts me off; I hate bad roads.
Your problem is not that you're too old but two young, I think the Comstocks did about 300 the year after retiring.

And for someone with a cottage in ME I'm surprised you did the Adk46 instead, I will finish the ME p1k if I live long enough but will probably never bother with the Adk46.

RoySwkr said:
Your problem is not that you're too old but two young, I think the Comstocks did about 300 the year after retiring.

And for someone with a cottage in ME I'm surprised you did the Adk46 instead, I will finish the ME p1k if I live long enough but will probably never bother with the Adk46.

Roy, that was a rental that we no longer use precisely because we wanted to widen our horizons, my one regret being that too late we discovered Marty and Lauren living across the lake. You're right, though, about retirement, when the world promises to be my oyster as it should be for all us hiker types.
The ADK's offer as grand an experience as the Whites and Maine, but I do understand your devotion to the beloved and familiar landscape of New England, where we wish to know every square yard intimately.