Construction starting up on RT 2 in Randolph

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yipes, the Northern Presidentials is getting surrounded by construction zones. :eek:

The work has started on the rebuild of RT 2 just west of the Bowman Inn to just east of the Jefferson Motel. This is the area of the road where the road goes back to two lanes and has a few curves on it. This was the area that was subject to extensive wildlife surveys a few years ago and was the location where a set of linx tracks were positively identified. It will be interesting to see what mitigation efforts are included as this is a major wildlife corridor from the Kilkennies to the Northern Presidentials.

I havent seen any plans but expect some slow periods during construction. They will be pushing it to complete it this fall so not sure how much the impact will be this year.

I drove past the work zone today and right now all they are doing is cutting trees and brush on the south side of the highway. A note in today's Coos County Democrat says the completion date for the Route 2 project is August 27, 2010, so I guess we can expect a year's worth of stops and starts.