Couple of Heavy Duty Rescues this Week

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
F&G as well as our Blackhawk buddies have had a busy week so far.

Two very serious injuries, one with an extraction. Both would have been extractions but wx closed in on Cube.

Cell phones saved lives in these cases.

See: Cube and Madison.

Last edited:
Heard and saw helicopters flying around near Madison on SAT as well. Hopefully that was just training and not another big rescue. Trailheads were absolutely jacked. I had to park on the road even at the Howker Ridge parking area. Don't think I ever had to do that before.

Heard and saw helicopters flying around near Madison on SAT as well. Hopefully that was just training and not another big rescue. Trailheads were absolutely jacked. I had to park on the road even at the Howker Ridge parking area. Don't think I ever had to do that before.
No to sound old, but back in the day the Northern peaks had a fairly small following as a general rule compared to the main Whites. As I pass Appalachia now to the Northern 52wav peaks, I still marvel at the cars lined upon the highway for those routes. One day I pulled onto Pinkham B road for a quick bathroom break, I couldn't even pull into the Howker Ridge lot, just jammed with cars, that route was desolate way back then.

No to sound old, but back in the day the Northern peaks had a fairly small following as a general rule compared to the main Whites. As I pass Appalachia now to the Northern 52wav peaks, I still marvel at the cars lined upon the highway for those routes. One day I pulled onto Pinkham B road for a quick bathroom break, I couldn't even pull into the Howker Ridge lot, just jammed with cars, that route was desolate way back then.

True. Remember when the Wilderness Trail parking lot on the Kanc had room for maybe 6 cars and it was on the opposite bank of the Pemi River? Those were the days...and they are gone forever.

True. Remember when the Wilderness Trail parking lot on the Kanc had room for maybe 6 cars and it was on the opposite bank of the Pemi River? Those were the days...and they are gone forever.
Before it became "Lincoln Woods". I used to stay at the shelter about 2.5 miles in to start my Pemi loops.

An hitch back to the Osseo. Forget trying to put your thumb out now.