Curious George Cottage Family Festival @ Waterville Valley August 7th - 9th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewKnight

Reaction score
Many folks don't realize that Curious George creators Hans and Margret Rey were long-time summer residents of the White Mountains, where they were avid conservationists and very popular with local kids, whom Hans welcomed into his studio while he worked.

The Reys' legacy lives on in the work of the Rey Center and the Curious George Cottage in Waterville Valley, which annually host Curious George Cottage Family Festival, a "weekend full of family-friendly activities including a banana pancake breakfast, a family nature walk, a Fireman’s BBQ lunch, photo opportunities with Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat with the Waterville Valley fire truck, a traveling barnyard, live music, face painting, games for kids, Curious George story hour and movie viewing, planetarium shows by Plymouth State University, an energy fair, a family spaghetti dinner, and more."

I know there are a lot of family VFTTers with younger kids... consider coming up for a day, or make a weekend of it and get out for a kid-oriented hike, too. Learn more at the Curious George Cottage Family Festival page, or feel free to PM me for local info, etc.

Thank you for making note of this event. My young kids are no longer young -- but their own children are. The Rey Center will be a must-stop next time they're here visiting.

<Bump>

Long-range weather for next weekend looks lovely... Sunny and highs in the 60s.

Last year, the Firemen's Barbeque (where George and the Man with the Yellow Hat make an appearance), and the PSU mobile planetarium shows were both great... the PSU professor who did the show was awesome and made me regret I hadn't taken more science as an undergrad.

Again -- if you have little ones, consider making a day trip for this fun event and worthy cause, or better yet, make a weekend of it and get in a couple kid-friendly hikes (Greeley Ponds, Big Pines, even the Scaur if you've got hardy small people).

Feel free to PM for any local info.