Daniel Webster-Scout Trail and Trailhead

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
Can the trail head for the Daniel Webster-Scout Trail inside Dolly Copp Campground be accessed year round? Is there some sort of fee due to the fact that it is inside the campground or am I OK with a WMNF pass? Never been in the campground. Would like to check out the campground too for next summer.

Yes it can..just park near the gate (not blocking goes without saying!!) and head down the road and the beginning of the trail is on the right...parking pass good...there's a view of the Imp Face from inside the campground...Dolly Copp is very popular in winter for xc skiing and snowshoeing...hope it's a good weather day for ya!!

Yes it can..just park near the gate (not blocking goes without saying!!) and head down the road and the beginning of the trail is on the right...parking pass good...there's a view of the Imp Face from inside the campground...Dolly Copp is very popular in winter for xc skiing and snowshoeing...hope it's a good weather day for ya!!

Thanks. And just so I'm clear: when you say gate do you mean the campground is gated because it is closed? So you just walk down the campground road and grab the trail? On the map there looks to be a ski trail or fire road that is gated and runs along the West side of campground. That is not what you mean right?

The best way to explain it is once you turn into the campground road, go past the entrance booth until you come to the gate...then just hike down the paved main campground road and you are at the beginning of the trail...WMG says .9 mile from campground entrance so you have 10-20 mins. from the gate...and I do believe that ski trail you are seeing is the Hayes Copp Ski Trail...

The best way to explain it is once you turn into the campground road, go past the entrance booth until you come to the gate...then just hike down the paved main campground road and you are at the beginning of the trail...WMG says .9 mile from campground entrance so you have 10-20 mins. from the gate...and I do believe that ski trail you are seeing is the Hayes Copp Ski Trail...

OK. That's what I figured but I wanted to be 100% before I started wandering all over the campground. Thanks for the info.