David Breashears recently passed away

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 90's we won tickets to the Museum of Science in Boston, where the Everest IMAX movie was being shown. I believe it was the first, or one of the first, IMAX theatres. There was a short film, that he was in the process of making when the '96 Everest tragedy struck. He abandoned his film, helped rescue people, and returned the following year. The film was about Everest overall, incredibly well done, and he did a book signing after. I met him and chatted with him a bit, and was is in awe. Almost ten years later when we had our daughter, we named her after someone in the film.

In the 90's we won tickets to the Museum of Science in Boston, where the Everest IMAX movie was being shown. I believe it was the first, or one of the first, IMAX theatres. There was a short film, that he was in the process of making when the '96 Everest tragedy struck. He abandoned his film, helped rescue people, and returned the following year. The film was about Everest overall, incredibly well done, and he did a book signing after. I met him and chatted with him a bit, and was is in awe. Almost ten years later when we had our daughter, we named her after someone in the film.
I was there, it was fantastic and the footage high on Everest was gripping.