Deals at Climb High in VT.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahawus

Reaction score
The Aether 60 is on sale for $109.00 in their Bargain Basement; one left, size large. Also One pair of Garmont Excursions, size 30 for $135.00. Of course there are plenty of other bargains down there these are just the ones that excited me. I had been looking at both the Aether 60 and 75 for a while but holding off because of the price. I will admit I had been leaning toward the 75 for the extra room for winter use but at the price I'll just tie things to the outside if need be.

Next on my list a pair of Telemark backcountry skis with bindings and a winter sleeping bag, not too mention misc. items of clothing.

I just learned that Climb High also rents out the Degree winter boots, a chance for me to try out a plastic boot, something I have wanted to do for a long time. I think they might be just the thing to replace my sorels for when I am climbing the High peaks in winter. I have just been too nervous about making a mistake at their price.

Ok I did it bought the Garmont Excursions and the Aether 60, not only that but I picked up a pair of Fischer Psycho-Pathic skis and Black Diamonds Riva binding to go on them( not as backcountry oriented as I wanted but with some skins I'll manage) All for only $330 including mounting the bindings. :D Climb High may be pricier than the outdoor Gear Exchange but if you keep an eye out for deals they have some great stuff.

No they do not sell online although they do have a minimal website.