Documentary film Ghost Bird, Tin Mountain in Albany, NH January 13 @ 7PM

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
Ghost Bird by Scott Crocker
Critic’s pick of the New York Magazine …“spellbinding documentary”
Thursday, January, 13, 7 PM
Tin Mountain Nature Learning Center

What ever happened to the Ivory-billed woodpecker? Come find out on Thursday, January 13 at 7 PM at the Tin Mountain Nature Learning Center. Enjoy popcorn and a large screen viewing of the poignant documentary Ghost Bird, by Scott Crocker. This thrilling film unravels the mystery of the ivory-billed woodpecker’s miraculous rediscovery in 2005. Set in a murky swamp full of birders, scientists, and reporters, Ghost Bird explores the limits of certainty, the seductive power of hope, and how one phantom woodpecker forever changed a Southern town. While the fate of the ivory –billed woodpecker remains uncertain, this film champions the conservation efforts involved in working to save all endangered species.

Reviews for this documentary are outstanding:

Neil Genzlinger of The New York Times, “…Scott Crocker has turned a bird watching tale into a multilayered story that will fascinate practically everybody…” National Public Radio, “It’s a stunner.”, The Wall Street Journal review, “Witty and metaphysical.”

Critic’s pick of the New York Magazine describes this film as a “spellbinding documentary”;;

The documentary features music by The Black Keys, The Pixies, Under Byen, Black Heart Procession, Hazmat Modine and original Score by Zoe Keating.

Tin Mountain Conservation Center nature programs are made possible thanks to LL Bean and the Evenor Armington Fund. Community programs are open to the public. Donations of $5 per family and $3 per person are appreciated. Tin Mountain Conservation Center is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit environmental education program providing hands-on programs in the greater Mount Washington Valley for over thirty years. For more information about this program or to learn more about Tin Mountain call 603-447-6991, or visit www.tinmountain.org.

Donna Marie Dolan
Public Relations/Communications
Tin Mountain Conservation Center
1245 Bald Hill Road
Albany, NH 03818
Tel#. 603-447-6991 ext.12
Email: [email protected]
New website: www.tinmountain.org

Can't make it but thanks for posting this...

Your welcome Puck! Wish you could've made it, but we have tons of other great programs this Winter. Hope everyone checks them out and can make it to a few. The film on Thursday should bring a great turn-out to the Great Room at Tin Mountain's Nature Learning Center.

Wanted to catch this but won't be able to get to NH Thursday night.

I recommend TMCC's programs to all. They are well done and informative.

Thanks Larry! We have a really good calendar of programs coming up. If you can only make it to one, I recommend Eyes on Owls in March for the whole family. I will probably be at Ghost Bird Thursday and I plan on putting most of our offerings on my own calendar this season. You can check out upcoming events at www.tinmountain.org . Great stuff!

Chris De Nuzzio
Teacher Naturalist
Tin Mountain Conservation Center
[email protected]

Thanks for coming Larry! It was great meeting you. Hope you and others attend future programs this Winter. :)