East Inlet Rd. Closed Indefinitely. No access East Inlet Flowage, Scott Bog Pond, Boundary Pond, Etc.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEO

Reaction score
New Hampshire Fish & Game Press Release.

Due to a prolonged mud season and deterioration of at least one bridge, East Inlet Rd. is closed indefinitely. This means that access to areas east of Rt. 3 north of Second Connecticut Lake is closed, including access from the United Sates to NH200 peaks Salmon, Kent, Snag Pond, and D'Urban. That is unless you can access the eastern part of East Inlet Rd. via Smith Brook Rd., which I think is unlikely.
Rump Mtn. Trail and Beaman Hill Trail are currently closed, too.

Great North Woods gate status, as of 5/24/24. I expect/hope that many of these will be open later in June.

Last edited:
My guess is with the battle over logging versus carbon sequestration over the headwaters tract, road work is going to be limited as part of the original grand deal was the state took over the road network and maintained it while anyone logging in the areas paid a fee for using them. Less logging less fees, less maintenance ?

OTOH, isn't tourism the primary other source for the local economy? Passable roads are needed to sustain tourism, no? East Inlet Flowage and Boundary Pond are two of Pittsburg's more accessible gems.

Oh, so glad we made it from there to Twin Peaks last summer for #451.
I was thinking that you would be. I'm certainly glad to have done the peaks listed above, even if most are accessible from Quebec. But I've also done some paddling up there and I'd hoped to bring my family paddling up there later this summer.