Edmands Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickbrusil

Reaction score
Tomorrow my hiking partner, his girlfriend, and I are going to be hiking Edmands Path. From the white mountain guide it sounds like the trail should not be that hard.............. however, my hiking buddies girl has a lot of pain in her knees on the way down. Anyone think this is a bad trail for her or should we be fine? I only question it becuase nearly 3,000 feet is gained in about 3.3 miles.

thanks in advance for any replies

The trail was in excellent condition a few weeks ago when Hikerfast and I went up Ike. The trail starts off nearly flat then becomes a moderate climb. The upper part, as it reaches treeline, becomes flatter but very rocky. There are easier trails on the knees, but there are alot tougher ones to.

FWIW:
Personally, I think she should stick to much flatter trails if she "...has a lot of pain in her knees on the way down..." Taking it easy on the knees for a while may avoid serious problems later. I know a few people who no longer hike due to knee injuries that ocurred from pushing themselves.

thanks for the advice........... sounds like edmands is a go.

I think her knee problems have been a life long problem and could(?) be fixed with a surgery. I guess the risk/cost has stopped her from doing that.

If edmands is relativley flat I think she will have a good time

If she has not done some hiking, she will probably find it somewhat difficult. Its certainly a nice trail in that it makes what could be a difficult slog into a rather steady uphill that certainly falls within the moderate range.

j. rayner edmands built amazing trails. its very comfortable to hike on considering the height you reach. the grades are very consistent. she probably already knows to take some advile before she heads down, and go down slowly with lots of short breaks

she kicks my butt up all the mountains we go on. She was a good 15 minutes ahead of me on jefferson (what a girl) ....... I will tell her about the advil on the way down though - I don't think she has thought of that.

rock on everyone I'm off to bed for an early start tomorrow