Flume, Liberty, Lincoln, Lafayette, 3/8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze

Reaction score
Up: Osseo
Down: Falling Waters (yeah, doubled back over Lincoln)

Dawn's Early Light
p246634542-5.jpg

Flume, from Liberty
p381756309-5.jpg

The view north from Liberty
p384621723-5.jpg

W. Bond, S Twin, Bondcliff
p289839849-5.jpg

Lenticulars over the presis
p341331806-5.jpg

A view back at Lincoln
p95766118-5.jpg

Falling Waters Trail
p114520240-5.jpg

Conditions:
I barebooted onto Osseo (which was broken, thank goodness) then put on microspikes, to somewhere between 3,000' and 4,000', when I switched to snowshoes. Upper Osseo was soft, but broken.

Pretty well packed on the ridge between Flume Slide and Liberty Spring.

Very light traffic between Liberty Spring and Falling Waters... some barebooters went part way (leaving a mess of postholes, partially blown over) before they turned back. I broke trail from there to the Falling Waters junction. There was firm snow under there... somewhere. I knew very soon when I stepped off it. Still, it was harder going than I'd expected.

The ridge from Falling Waters to Lafayette was in great shape - back to microspikes. Ditto for the descent on Falling Waters.

A fantastic day, windy but mild.

Full gallery

Beautiful light in the third pic.
Am I just sleep deprived or is there a monkey ice climbing in the last pic?

Blaze,

Thanks for taking the time to share your great shots as usual. Looks like you got sunrise on Liberty-- must have been awesome. I bet it was windy when you were on the ridge that day. I took the shot below that day from the Osceola's around 11 am, you could just see the winds in the cloud formations.

IMG_5444-1.JPG

Your ice shot is very nicely composed. I see the ice climbing creature too, in the upper center of the shot!

Beautiful shots. I was up there yesterday and didn't see any of these views. :D Thank you for breaking out Liberty to Little Haystack.

The ice monkey shot is wild! Did you see it when you took the photo?

On your 4th photo, I don't think that's South Twin.

Thanks for the kind comments!

No I did not see the ice climbing monkey. Wish I could take credit for that. I was certainly sleep deprived enough when I took it. =)

Yeah Stinkyfeet, I should edit that 4th photo caption to W Bond, Bond, Bondcliff. Agree? Thank you for pointing that out.

Great shot John, thanks for sharing.

One more of the Presis from that day.

p980403800-5.jpg

Jonathan

Yeah Stinkyfeet, I should edit that 4th photo caption to W Bond, Bond, Bondcliff. Agree? Thank you for pointing that out.

One more of the Presis from that day.

Jonathan

You could just call that pic 'Owl's Head, The Bonds, Hancocks, and Carrigan' if you wanted to really go for it.

I think you're being funny with that new pic, as that is South Twin (with Galehead photo-bombing in the foreground). :)