Flume Path-Old skidder trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rejean

Reaction score
We plan a big hike (Passaconaway-whiteface-sleeper-tripyramid-Osceola).

On livermore road we will use Skidder trail and flume path trail to reach Greeley pond trail on our way for the Osceola. Did some one use those
trail recently and are they in good shape (skidder-flume path)?

thanks in advance for the information.

Rejean -- this is somewhat hearsay, and the balance is speculation, but...

Old Skidder to Flume is a Waterville Valley Resort-maintained cross country trail, which means it is highly probable that it has recently been mowed, reducing the puckerbrush which is prevalent in the summer.

I have only poked around the top and bottom while mountain biking, but a friend has described it to me in some detail -- I think you'll be fine on foot (versus on a bike, where there are parts that you have to hike-a-bike, because the track is rough).

We plan a big hike (Passaconaway-whiteface-sleeper-tripyramid-Osceola).

On livermore road we will use Skidder trail and flume path trail to reach Greeley pond trail on our way for the Osceola. Did some one use those
trail recently and are they in good shape (skidder-flume path)?

thanks in advance for the information.
That's a terrific day hike!

Sue and I hiked the same route - in reverse - a couple months ago. The only messy section was the Kate Sleeper Trail due to blowdowns. Recently, we hiked through that trail again and the problems with blowdowns that were there earlier are now gone. You should be fine.

Enjoy the hike.

Thanks for the answer and we will try it on Nov 7 if the weather is good.