Giant and Rocky

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NumNum

Reaction score
Has anyone recently traversed these peaks? Looking for trail conditions, also hows the campsite near the washbowl? Looking to go for an overnight....peace!

I know this isn't too recent, but my son and I climbed both Easter weekend. I would be surprised if you'd have much snow-if any-down low by now.
The real reason for my post to you is the campsite. The DEC has placed signs saying that they put chemicals into the pond to rid it of non-native fish. The sign says that you shouldn't use the water for cooking or drinking.
Thought you should know.

A big Thanks on the water, im guessing the snow is gone too, thanks for your thoughts on the matter and for taking the time to reply

If this was court, this wouldn't be allowed (heresay), but;

While climbing Ampersand yesterday (4/10), I bumbed into two guys on the way up wearing crampons. Now there was a good deal of ice along the steeper sections, but they weren't a neccesity.

In chatting with those guys, they were just wearing them after slogging most of the way up Giant without them the day before. They described it as pretty icy still.

Like I said, that's second hand, but it doesn't Suprise me as we saw plenty of snow/ice at 3300', let alone 4500'. Good Luck.