GPS - 60cs or vista

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceclimber

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I've been out of the loop for awhile, doing ice climbing over the winter so I haven't posted much! Anywho, i am looking at getting a GPS. I have narrowed it down to the garmin vista or the garmin 60cs. What I'm looking for is opinions from owners of these, or if you know a lot about them. The main funtion i will be using this for, is general outdoors exploration. Looks like I can get teh vista for about 220, and the 60cs for about 420. I am torn!

Thanks guys!

There's a long GPS thread in progress: Check this. It just may answer all your questions.

You may want to repeat your query on that thread, and delete this one just to keep things consolodated.

Pb

Yeah...

Yeah Papa, I read all through that. I am more interested in targeting the users who have these models, and seeing the direct comparision and prices that others have found. Thanks for the reply though!

I picked up my Vista at Club Day at EMS for about $240. I really enjoy it and have it with me daily (Geek!)
Can you justify spending another $200 what will you get for the money - OR will you need that $200 for the accessories and maps?

I am very pleased with what my $240 bought - But add in another $100 for a downloadable Topo basemap,
$20 for a walmart battery charger and rechargeable batteries, $15 for a carry case for your backpack shouler strap, $25 for a bike holder (It comes in really, really handy on daily bike rides) and $30 for a car holder.

I ordered a 60cs. It should arrive today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how I like it (I currently have an Etrex Summit. I picked the 60cs over the Vista because the color will make it easier to read (old, tired eyes), and just because it is a coukple years newer and I've become accustomed to great strides being made in electronic devices in short periods of time.)

Frosty

i went with the vista afterall

Got a great deal on it at buy.com (230) , stacked a couple coupons, got it shipped 2 day for like $222.

I couldn't see paying 430ish for the color and a couple other features.

Frosty, please do let me know how you like the 60CS.
Thanks!

/chris