Guyot tent site 2/15

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dehydrator

Reaction score
Weather permitting, I am planning to spend the night at Guyot tent site two Saturdays from now (2/15) and spend that Saturday and Sunday bagging most of the peaks in the area. I'm an experienced hiker and perfectly confident in my backpacking skills. However, (my wife) and I would feel more comfortable knowing that there was somebody else sleeping somewhat nearby. So I am writing to find out if anybody else is planning to spend that night at that popular tent site.
I am not asking for a hiking partner, a tent-mate, or a platform mate. I just want to know that some other friendly soul will be sleeping within a 100 yard radius should something go wrong. Of course I don't mind hanging out and sharing stories and food during supper time. I am also open to coordinating itineraries to take advantage of car spots to maximize bagable peaks. But I really just want somebody else to be there. So please let me know.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I wouldn't stress about it, that's President day weekend . If the weather is good, I expect more than a few folks will be up there to the point where the shelter could be full. Its quite surprising to see the actual usage in the whites in the second half of winter.

I'm not worried about it myself and I'm sure there will be others there. My request has more to do with placating my wife. When I tell her where I'm going, the first thing she's going to ask is who I'm going with. I'd like to be able to respond with a list or people rather than "Oh I'm sure there'll be a bunch of people up there."

Gee, my wife asks me when I'm leaving :)

Do you have a Spot, or similar device? Irrespective of their efficacy at getting you out of a pinch, they have strong placation properties.

Well Bob, this is probably the wrong website for admiring the qualities of other men's wives but there are times when I do wish mine could be a bit more like yours.
I don't have a spot. I'll have to check with her and see if it would change her attitude.

Hi Jonathan,
As of right now I'm planning on being there on Saturday night (2/15), weather-permitting. A friend and I are supposed to be doing a Twins-Bonds traverse. You can email me (I think there is an email link on my profile page and we can talk more.
Jen