Haystack/Basin?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHeer

Reaction score
Arlene and I met a couple of hikers who talked about doing Haystack and Basin this weekend 2/5. Haven't seen anything in the forums though and wondered if there is anyone thinking about it.

We also need the Santanoni's and Seward/Donaldson/Emmons but would like to know if anyone else will be "in the woods" or keep us updated on the threads I have read on possibilities. Our baking abilities are wonderful, but our "breaking trail" abilities leave a lot to be desired. Goodies for those who are on these trails making a difference!

The tick tick tick of the Winter weekends spurred me on to keep the lines of communication open in our quest. Thanks guys!

Doreen

Hi,

When we met on the trail this past weekend, I mentioned that starting in early March I would be open to help out. I don't mind doing both ranges you are looking for. Let's get closer to March and then discuss the weekends of 3/4-6 and 3/11-12. Bribes using baked goods works well for me. If something comes up for you sooner - great...go get'm.

Ed

Last edited:
Brownies it is

Hey there Harry! Hello to you too Justin. Arlene and I definately would do this as a day hike. We would start early, though, since we are slower hikers. You could even catch up to us near Slant Rock or beyond depending on your speed. Our starting time would be 5 or 5:30am. from the Garden. The brownies would be secured in our packs for you and anyone else wanting to join the group!

For safety reasons, we would just want to be sure we would have company for coming off Basin and going down the side of little Haystack! Once we're off the tough parts you could book on ahead if you wanted to.

We're not locked into anything yet so if you decide not to do this, we might slip over to the Santanoni's. What do YOU think?

I am up for whatever and brownies. :) I will plan on being up at the garden Friday night (ready to hike by 5am), unless you change plans. I have not yet hiked the santanoni's. Although, I am sure it would be great hike. Please keep me posted.

Best Regards,
Justin

Change of plan

Hey HK,
Santas sound good to Doreen and I. Justin, you are welcome as well,sounds like you need these as well. (I did these last spring, a few weeks after winter season) Maybe H/B next weekend if all goes well? Just to clarify....the brownies are totally legit.....nothing wacky!! We'll pack a bunch and see you 530 ish sat am. !!!!!!

Santas

530am it is, you are welcome to bring whatever refreshment you need to propel you back to the trailhead!!!

DHeer, HarryK and group,
Laurie and I are doing Santanoni. Probably a 7:30 start for us. Hopefully we'll cross paths.

Hi guys:

Unfortunately, I wont be able to join you this weekend. I just found out I have to be in work on Saturday morning. Best of luck to you though. Enjoy the great weekend weather and those fine legit brownies!

On the upside, I will get to kickback and watch the superbowl.

Justin

Santanoni

Hey HarryK - Don't need those extra beers yet. Still have a few more to go after this one. But you know I like that Canadian beer!

Everyone - bring those sunglasses & suntan lotion. Partytime in the Santanoni's Saturday.

Laurie

Harry, Brownies are packed! We'll listen for you coming up behind us on the trail....... I hear the weather's going to be GREAT!

Party monsters

You guys have a blast... I will have the same fun (ok maybe not as much fun) on Dial and Nippletop (yes i just like to type Nippletop!) Tomorrow..
Should be a super day... Have Fun
Louis

I am very interested in hiking Sewards and/or Santi in March. I will be watching for the post or send me a PM. Diana

Santoninis

Could you guys post your results as to what you find up there this weekend? I'm hoping to head in there the weekend of the 19th/20th to hit at least one of the three, so any info you could provide would be great, of course with the understanding that if one big storm hits, everything changes! Thanks.