Hennessey Hammock Question?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridgeman

Reaction score
I was looking into purchasing the Hennessey A-Sym hammock and the literature states that it is good for a 6 foot person up to 250 pounds.

I'm just 6 foot and weigh 185 pounds and was wondering if my height would still give me enough room for comfort.

If you have any experience with this model or can provide advice a comparable models (price and quality) it would be appreciated.

You are likely to find space near your head and feet to be a bit cramped if you get the 6 ft model.

Take a look at the Hennessy web site (http://www.hennessyhammock.com/)--several models are listed for "over 6 ft".

I am 5 ft 8 in, use a Speer (http://www.speerhammocks.com/) rated for 6 ft and sometimes wonder if the 6.5 ft model might offer a bit more head and foot room. It is not a serious problem--I tend to put a small amount of stuff above my head or below my feet and would like a bit more space. The extra length would also make the section by my head a bit wider.

Doug

Last edited:
I'm 6' and have plenty of room with a Hennessey Ultralight A-Sym for 6 footers. Early model tho'

I e-mailed Hennessey directly and they recommended the Expedition A-Sym based on my inquiry.

I expect to order one soon and look forward to trying it out.

bridgeman said:
I e-mailed Hennessey directly and they recommended the Expedition A-Sym based on my inquiry.

I expect to order one soon and look forward to trying it out.
Don't delay! I am 6', 185 pounds. I switched 4 years ago from solo tents to using a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe. I haven't slept in a tent since (except in winter), and I go out a lot. Rather than repeat much already said here, please do a search on the forums for lots of advice and info hammocking.

Last edited:
You're gonna love it

You must be on fire to get it! I have one, 7 years old, and will NEVER tent again. Go to whiteblaze for some great tips and ideas.