Hiking pack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowbird22

Reaction score
Hi, I've been wanting to get a lighter smaller pack without a steel frame, i've had somebody reccommend a Valdez pack from cold cold world packs in jackson. I read up on them, seems a great pack that'll last me a while. Anybody have any experience with them?

I do not - but I will say that I am very pleased with my two Go Lite packs - I have smaller one that weighs about 1 lb 10 oz empty which is actually big enough for an overnight (used it for two nighter at Chimney Pond) and I have giant one that is great for backpacking - and it weighs in around 4 pounds empty - my previous backpacking pack was closer to 7 pounds empty.
Happy Shopping! :)

Hi, I've been wanting to get a lighter smaller pack without a steel frame, i've had somebody reccommend a Valdez pack from cold cold world packs in jackson. I read up on them, seems a great pack that'll last me a while. Anybody have any experience with them?

you didn't mention what you would be using it for. the valdez is supposed to be an alpine climbing type day pack. I'm not sure light weight and winter hard wear go together, but they might.pack

Why not check out some of the offerings from Wild things. They are local also(North Conway) they are totally bomber, well made and super light. I have the "Guide" which is under two pounds and will support an overnight outing. I also have the
"Andinista" which is adjustable from a over night pack to a full out expedition pack and it is only three and a half pounds. Stop in and see them they will measure you and make sure you are fitted correctly. I know from expeirence they stand behind there stuff. Something fails or needs repair just bring it to them and its is fixed, by the way you will never need to have anything fixed there stuff is Five star in my book. My only repair involved damage from gunfire
but thats a story for a different forum.
http://www.wildthingsgear.com/prod_packs.php

Last edited: