How to combine/stack filters...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dvbl

Just got a graduated neutral density filter (HiTech filter with Cokin-P holder). Already have a polarizing filter (Hoya 58mm), which threads into the lens (Canon Digital Rebel kit lens).

I mistakenly thought the cokin-p holder would somehow accomodate the polarizing filter (and maybe it does), but it doesn't seem to. If I screw the polarizer into the lens, then I can't screw in the cokin-p holder ring, and vice versa.

If I want to use GND filter system and polarizer, how do i do it?

The adapter ring will screw into the polarizer, but unless by miracle of miracles happens then the odds are when you adjust the polarizer the GND filter will not be where you want it. Cokin makes a special polarizer for its system. It fits in the slot closest to the lens and is a circular polarizer. Not sure of the price, but I don't believe its all that much.

Brian

You must have one of those new fangled thin polarizers without a front set of threads. In which case, with this system, there is no way to do it.

However, the standard cokin holder allows 3 filters, and as indicated above, the rear slot is for a polarizer. If price is an issue, there are a few ebay stores that sell 'decent' knockoffs for the cokin holder, as the cokin specific one is pricey.

Good luck...

~w7x