Labor Day weekend weather

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klutz

Reaction score
So, what's everyone think about how the weather will hold out for this weekend? Around here it's calling for a little cooler temps then it originally said, earlier in the week, which will be fine as long as it doesn't pour. Some showers? That'll be okay.... Well hopefully they'll be few and far between, especially in the Whites. :) Hope everyone has some great plans for the long weekend! Have fun and be safe!

I've been watching the NWS forecast for Gorham pretty closely over the last few days. It's been steadily getting worse, starting out at mostly sunny on Saturday and Sunday, and currently sitting at a chance of showers for both days.

The observatory is still predicting mostly sunny.

Here's hoping the weather turns out well. I'm planning a Presi Traverse for Saturday.

Can never accurately predict the weather in the mts. One mountain can have the sun and another have rain or clouds. Today was suppose to be sunny. It was in Waterville Valley but I climbed Garfield and it was in the clouds until we got back to the car.

I'm growing more optomistic for the weekend with each run of the models. The high pressure overhead should hold Ernesto off the west initially, and for a good part of the weekend.

Saturday should be fine...sunday is up in the air, but probably some showers, and unfortunately, more than likely rain for Monday. Ofcourse all this depends on Ernesto's exact track, and how long the high can keep things dry...so check the summits forecast again before any hikes this weekend!!!

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/summit_forecast.php

Last edited: