Lyme experiences?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got bit by a tick in the neck in early June this summer. Three weeks later every muscle in my body hurt to the point of barely being able to move. On July 2nd my lymph nodes in my neck started swelling and that night I got a fever. My lymph nodes were so big I could not swallow without a ton of pain. I thought I had the mumps or something. I went to the walkin clinic and a doctor who specializes in Lyme Disease came in to evaluate me. I did have a bullseye rash on the back of my neck (which is why I never saw it) and he stated that all of my symptoms lead to Lyme Disease. He told me that muscle pain and fatigue is just as common as joint pain. He told me that the blood tests are very unreliable so he gave me 30 days of Doxycycline. He explained to me that my symptoms may get worse for the next 8 days but that means that the antibiotic is working.
I became progressively worse over the next 10 days and could barely function. I was extremely tired and my whole body was going into muscle spasms so bad I ended up on muscle relaxers. I kept getting a wierd "tingling/cold water misting on me" feeling in my arms and hands too. It really freaked me out. After day 12 I woke up and almost felt normal. I went back for a follow up where I was told that I should continue feeling better and if I still have pain after my antibiotics I should come back for more.
I ended up feeling much better, but my fatigue was still really bad. I went back in for another follow up and was told the tiredness can last for several months. I was nervous because 3 days after finishing my meds I was going to climb Mount Rainier. My performance did suffer a bit, but I was able to complete the trip. I am still tired and need to take naps and get more sleep than I used to but I am also feeling strong again and do not have any pain.
Find a doctor that knows what they are dealing with. I found that my primary physician does not seem to know a whole lot about Lyme but this guy at the walkin clinic apparently attends many seminars and researches the disease. Each case is very unique. I was just lucky to have had mine caught early on.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Mind mentioning the clinic? I'm in CT, too. It might be good to get a second opinion for my follow-up follow-up from somebody well-versed in tick illnesses.

It is the Med East Clinic in Tolland. I can't remember his name, but if you call and ask if there is someone who specializes in Lyme they can probably tell you. My friend also saw him for her Lyme, she got it when she was pregnant. She and the baby are doing fine. Good luck with it!

Wow. That's almost exactly my neck of the woods.
Thanks.