Moat Mtn Tr - Passaconaway Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamples

Reaction score
Anyone know if Passaconaway Road is open?

And is the parking for Moat Mountain Trail open?

Thinking of going this route for an out and back or South and Middle Moats and maybe dabble along Red Ridge if I want to go that far out.

Have never driven on or even see that road though which is off the Kanc? Is the turnoff from the Kanc easy to find also?

Thanks for any info on this or even the trail too.

It appears the road is still closed, according to the FS website...but the parking for Moat Mt on Passaconaway Rd is open year round and accessible from Passaconaway Rd from the Conway side, off of Westside Rd..might want to call Saco District, it might be open for mom's day weekend, very popular area...Albany Covered Bridge would be considered on Passaconaway Rd (used to be Dugway Rd)...nice choice, you will be impressed with the Moat Range..

Was there last weekend and posted a trip report. The section of Passaconaway Rd from the Kanc end is the section they close. The Moat mtn trailhead is accesible year round from the easterly end.
The west end of the road when its open crosses over a covered bridge. I think there is ampground across the street. If the bridge is still closed just keep going to conway.

No need for traction, a little bit of snow and blowdown between south and middle.

Any new update on this road being open from the West Kanc side?

I would think should be open by now.

To also answer my own question (since I did this today)...

Yes, the Albany covered bridge is open which is the turnoff from the Kanc for Passaconaway (Dugway) Rd

Saved me some time today and was pleasantly surprised it was open! :)