Monroe 3/9/2014 finally 48!!!!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marysgirl

Reaction score
So I stayed in Bartlett and washed my clothes in the motel sink. For those who missed it Monroe was to be WINTER #48 yesterday but clouds moved across the ridge and I backed out of my planned Jefferson/Monroe two-fer, too foggy. I left the cog lot this morning at 7:15, the trail was in excellent condition. The wind started about a hundred feet out of the trees, the path in the open is icy but hard, so crampons or spikes or shoes will work. For ease we went spikes all the way. The wind up top was horrid!! There are several paths from the hut to the summit to choose from, obviously most are not the real trail. So, between temps and wind it wasn't an easy #48 by any means, but it was a very emotional one, if you like that heart pumping dangerous type of feeling then it was an exciting ending. I would like to thank all of the unsuspecting hikers I "insisted" high five me on my way down the trail!! "Shout outs" to all of you who have offered help, advice or company. I have met some really great people here on VFTT!! So what's next??

Last edited:
Thanks Marty. Fyi Garfield is the only one I submitted twice in one day.

Can I borrow your coat?