Moosilauke Delivers!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Face

Reaction score
Summary:

Climbed Moosilauke today (3/13). Parked on route 118 at the ravine lodge road start, hiked the road, up gorge brook, to the summit, then south to south peak. descent was done down carriage rd to hurricane, back to gorge brook, and the road out to the car. about 10.8 miles.

Summit:

the weather was unbelievable. i could see state high peaks for NY, NH, and VT. I could see the ADK's right through lincoln gap, and i believe Giant Mtn through appalacian gap (just N. of MRG). All under blistering, bright, sunshine. Calm on the summit.

Conditions:

about 2-4" of fresh pow. bare-booted up to about 3700', then snow shoes the rest. the final 200' to the summit cone was ice. Snow depths are deep,deep,deep, deep, oh and did I say deep? The ravine lodge area had 4-5', and depths just went up from there.

Whilst on S.peak, I saw a moose at the jct of glenncliff/carriage rd and observed with my binocs. Moose headed up the Moose!

This is about ascent #15 for me for this peak. Always a favorite.

Reactions: arm