Mr Pizza in Gorham is Closing (Now Reopened under new owners)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, tell us the rest of the story.
I'm under no obligation to provide details in this case. Probably best in the future if you went back to your buddy who is a Town Official, get the true story and check out its validity. Not sure and don't really care who your buddy is but I can tell you for sure some of the officials in the area are good friends with the owner of what is now called Sam's Variety. Profiling members of your local community without truly checking the facts beforehand and then posting it on the Internet is just not good business especially when you are the Moderator of the place you are posting. You seem to be holding yourself to a double standard here or at least as what it comes off sounding like. One as A Member and one as The Moderator. That is a very slippery slope. Just imagine how you might feel if someone made a comment about the guy on the planning board in Randolph who lives up on the hill marinated with some sort of ethnic bias. Maybe your OK with that but I'm sure many would be not.

I'm under no obligation to provide details in this case. Probably best in the future if you went back to your buddy who is a Town Official, get the true story and check out its validity. Not sure and don't really care who your buddy is but I can tell you for sure some of the officials in the area are good friends with the owner of what is now called Sam's Variety. Profiling members of your local community without truly checking the facts beforehand and then posting it on the Internet is just not good business especially when you are the Moderator of the place you are posting. You seem to be holding yourself to a double standard here or at least as what it comes off sounding like. One as A Member and one as The Moderator. That is a very slippery slope. Just imagine how you might feel if someone made a comment about the guy on the planning board in Randolph who lives up on the hill marinated with some sort of ethnic bias. Maybe your OK with that but I'm sure many would be not.
Well, I hope you got that out of your system.
Yep..kind of like parking in the wrong place in another town and being pissed off about having to pay the ticket.

Update to Mr Pizza, they appear to be closed with a temporary sign over the Electonic billboard, "available for take out and private functions" Since the new owners have taken it over, the number of cars in the parking lot have steadily declined. I do not know if the current status is a short term or long term thing. At least part of the buildign appears to have been flooded out during the flooding event a few months ago but normally the kitchen and newer elevated section wold not be impacted. The late start of snowmobile season and the likelihood that it will not last long given the current snow conditions has impacted local tourist business's, luckily the area is swarming with contractors installing the Fidium fiber backbone in Milan, Berlin, Gorham, Shelburne and Randolph and power transmission contractors rebuilding the Coos high voltage transmission loop.

Update to Mr Pizza, they appear to be closed with a temporary sign over the Electonic billboard, "available for take out and private functions" Since the new owners have taken it over, the number of cars in the parking lot have steadily declined. I do not know if the current status is a short term or long term thing. At least part of the buildign appears to have been flooded out during the flooding event a few months ago but normally the kitchen and newer elevated section wold not be impacted. The late start of snowmobile season and the likelihood that it will not last long given the current snow conditions has impacted local tourist business's, luckily the area is swarming with contractors installing the Fidium fiber backbone in Milan, Berlin, Gorham, Shelburne and Randolph and power transmission contractors rebuilding the Coos high voltage transmission loop.

odd in that I just came back from there. Price's seemed high and food not so good. Service ( waitress) wasn't good. We were the only ones int there. Help was all hanging around the bar.

I had dinner at Mr Pizza this past Friday evening after hiking Middle and South Carter. Food was good and filling, with good service, and the other folks there were friendly. The crowd wasn't large at all, but the place was far from empty. The owners were at the bar and greeted me.

We've been in twice since the new ownership. Last time being a couple of weeks ago. Definitely not busy but town was quiet without the snow crowd. The service was amazing and the food really good. Prices were reasonable. If I had one complaint it would be that the new decor is too sterile and cold feeling. Mr Pizza had a homey vibe before and that's gone.

I'm ashamed to admit we eat out at least once a week with 2 time very common and 3 times not uncommon. I must admit there are many places out there that don't have the consistency with food and or wait staff of the more successful places. For both food and service. I love the places with managers on duty to keep the place on it's toes. I had a conversation with a waiter at Muddy Moose (been going there over 20 yrs) about how they're service and food is always perfect. He said the training is very intense and expected to be followed all times.
Good to have the choice of what tip to leave or not for us comsumers at most places. And the choice not to go back.

It looks like they are open, the sign for private functions and takeout is still up. Given the trend to an early end of snowmobile season, my guess is "mud season" will start early and that is going hurt the local tourist trade. The only bright spot is a potential bump around April 7th, 8th and 9th and that will be weather dependent.