MSR Micro Zoid 1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolion

Reaction score
ive been looking at alot of tents, and from most people and things ive read this is the most popular lightweight tent for one person. can anyone give me any reviews of this tent, and any other one person lightweight tents they really liked? is it a disadvantage that the micro zoid isnt free standing?

thanks

You might want to add Tarptent to your search. They are so light that I wouldn’t bother with the single person Virgo. The Squall 2 and Cloudburst, with sewn-in-floors and bug netting, weigh less than the Zoids and are huge by comparison. Both hold two with elbow room or one and plenty of gear. Not freestanding but easily set up, even on platforms. I chose the Cloudburst over the original Squall for the extra roominess up front. With the broader doorway on the new Squall 2, it might be a toss-up now.

If you are buying it for the Long Trail, it also makes a nice pillow for all those nights in the shelters.