MSR's New Snowshoe

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of MSR's as well. Only one failure so far. Somehow I popped off one of the spools that hold the extension tails on. The company sent me a new spool. Since then, to preclude further problems, I've drilled out the rivets on the remaining spools and bolted them back on with stainless steel bolts and jam nuts. I'm also considering drilling out the first and last rivet on each of the toothed rails and replacing them with nuts and bolts as well. Michael M, where did you get the replacement parts that you mentioned in your post? I wouldn't mind having a few spare parts around in case of problems.

If you give MSR a call, you can get all the spare parts from them or they will direct you to a dealer who can get them for you. Some of the smaller ones they may even send to you for free like the black handle on the nut that holds the tail onto the shoe. Or just wait for your shoes to break and then use the old ones for spare parts. that is what I do now. MSR web is www.msrcorp.com