Mt Greylock area, if anyone wants to know...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcloud

Reaction score
I took today off and took a motorcycle ride (my other love) up to the Mt Greylock area. I didn't see any snow anywhere on the peaks of the Hoosac range. It would have been a wonderful day to be in the woods on the mountain.
I stopped at the reservoir and also the Glen, and it was gorgeous everywhere.
I am gonna go back on Saturday to do a hike up the AT to the top. Time to put the bike away anyway and hit the trails a couple more times.
I just thought that I would mention it here in case anyone wanted to know the conditions there. What a guy!
Take care, Eric

I hiked the AT from Pattison road up to the summit of Mt. Greylock on Saturday. Trail conditions were pretty varied (I posted under trail conditions) from no snow at the bottom to mud, to lots of snow as elevation increased with ice on top. At the highest elevations the trees were covered in thick snow with a layer of ice holding it all on! :) The memorial was covered with a combination of rime ice and sheer ice and sparkled beautifully in the sunlight. It was a cold, windy, beautiful day! Winter has returned...gotta love it! :D :D

The memorial was covered with a combination of rime ice and sheer ice and sparkled beautifully in the sunlight. It was a cold, windy, beautiful day! Winter has returned...gotta love it! :D :D[/QUOTE]

Man I was up there in summer conditions with hazy, hot and humid weather. What I would give to be up there with rime ice! I'll be there some winter.

grouseking

I had heard from a salesman at work during the week that their was snow. But, as I said it was gone as of monday. I thought it would still be there when I took my bike ride.

Thanks, We are considering doing Greylock on Saturday, given the mixed conditions in the Whites, and the fact that two Mass boys have never done the highest peak in their own state. We would appreciate any trail advice anyone can offer for this walk. thanks again, good luck and have fun!