Mt. Isolation from Pinkham Notch, 9/26/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trails: The Direttissima, Glen Boulder Trail, Davis Path, Isolation summit spur, Boott Spur Trail, Boott Spur Link, Tuckerman Ravine Trail

First time ever for good weather on an Isolation hike. All trails in relatively good shape - a few tight places in the upper scrub on Glen Boulder Trail could use some brushing, and there's tons of deep mud surrounding the crumbling bog bridges on Davis Path after the junction with Iso East Trail. Decided to descend through Tuckerman Ravine instead of back down Glen Boulder Trail, and it ended up being a good alternative with some great views into the ravine. Boott Spur Link is very steep, but over with reasonably quickly.

Hannah had a good day - we were both a little slow early on after yesterday's hike, but she rock hopped the whole day with her usual M.O. of making it look easy. There was limited water above treeline though - I was glad I brought extra water for her.

Fantastic weather again with tremendous visibility from the ridge. Plenty of yellows with some scattered oranges and reds in Gulf of Slides and Tuckerman Ravine - I love fall!!

Last edited: