Mt. Isolation Hike (#45 of 48)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjazz

Reaction score
Hiked Mt. Isolation with my 12 yr. old nephew after finishing 4 day hike of Presidentals (hiking the huts) with my two older nephews. Hiked Mt. Isolation on 6/30 & 7/1 via Glen Boulder trails to Davis Path (great views over the tree-line at Boot-Spur). On way to Mt. Isolation in began raining. No views at Isolation due to weather which turned to heavy rain. After summiting and hiking back to Rocky Branch trail,rain continued to be heavy. Not many trail markers and very wet trail with 4 deep-crossings made to a little tougher hiking after a already long day. Made it to the Rocky Branch # 2 Shelter (shelter is in fair condition) at about 5:30 pm, changed to dry clothes cooked some Mac & Cheese and hit the sack. Hiked out next day via Rocky Branch trail ( one more deep-crossing) first mile or so of trail still poorly marked ( felt like I was in the jungle) spotted one fox, and one bear on trail. Also hiked Baldface of 7/2 (beautiful day) before heading to Nantucket for some R&R.
"Hello Mohac"

Welcome

Welcome to VFTT -
That sounds like some adventure...where was the bear?
The group I was with (Rols and Artex) saw a real cool Pine Martne in that area a few weeks ago...
Isolation is a long but rewarding hike...too bad about the rain.