Mt. Major 12/6/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikethesummits

Reaction score
With a fresh 5 inches of snow on the ground and beautifully graceing the trees I was off Sunday morning to meet my parents at Mt. Major in Alton. We started at 9:30am, the first there to break-in the trail! Footing was fine most the way up. It got a little tuff on the ledges with 3 ft. snow drifts in the crevice's. Took tons of pics and a few video's. We took the Brook Trail down and arrived back at the parking lot at 11:15am. Beautiful winter day and a perfect mountain for a comfortable (get-me-the-hell-out-of-the-house-for-just-a-couple-hours) hike!

Pics of this hike here!> http://www.flickr.com/photos/excape1/sets/72157622947862546/

Just took a look at your photo-link . . . you got some nice snapshots! I've gotta get down to southern NH sometime to hike some of the peaks there. It's a long drive from Bethlehem to spots like Mt. Major. But on the other hand, there are tons of folks who drive even longer distances to come up to the northern part of the State to hike.

Thanks for posting!