NASCAR June 29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOD

Reaction score
Just thought I'd through out the annual reminder to those not familiar with the schedule. It's the second year in a row that the race is in June and not July.

You know the drill heavy traffic Sunday afternoon. Race begins at 1 should be over by 5. Hike early and leave early or stay overnight.

Stay Left Heading South

If they do this year, what they did last year on 93 south, your best bet heading south is stay in the left lane. The DOT closes some exits, and lanes. Even when the sign advises you to stay in either lane for "thru" traffic, stay to the left (unless you need to exit onto 89). It worked well last year, but I sat in traffic watch that darn left lane zooming past me. :eek:

Happy Hiking...Walker
PS...All this takes place late afternnoon, early evening (and late evening too)

A better choice is just to avoid I-93 entirely, from the Boston area choose a hike you can go up Rte.16 or I-91 for example. Of course if you live in Boston, you may think that much traffic is normal :)

I got free tickets once and after the race ended we had a picnic supper and played a game of Scrabble. Even at 8 pm it still took like 2 hours to go what usually takes half an hour.