Need a little help

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman19

Reaction score
Work is killing me! Wife and kids are gone for the weekend and I need a one night backpacking trip - I will either go in Friday night and out saturday afternoon, or in saturday morning and out very early Sunday morning. I could go both nights if I wanted to. I have a lot of flexibility except I have to be on the golf course in the Portsmouth area at 10:30am on Sunday.

Point the trip is to get a way and see some views without killing going too crazy.

I have done all or most of the pemi area except owl's head and hancock. I am not looking to do the presidentials this time of the year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim :)

rainman19 said:
Any suggestions?
:)

How about going up to Garfield campsite via Gale River Trail. Then go back Garfield Trail......would need to hike a couple of miles on the gravel road between TH's but other than that it's a nice hike and the campsite has great views and hopefully you get Garfield without fog and rain. You can do the gravel road portion first to get it over with also if you want.

First of all, do what I did - I gave up golf when I started hiking - you might not guess it by my trip reports, but I find hiking a lot less annoying - when I go off into the woods it is by design, a lot different than golf! :D

I think Mats idea is good - I am not sure what is too much, but I would always be tempted to get to Guyot - yes it is a lot of miles, but they are not too tough unless you are doing it as part of a death march/dahyhike.

Get out and have a blast!