Night hike at Watchusett

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet

Reaction score
I just set up a Photobucket site, and wanted to share some test photo's I just put up. Here are some photo's from a night hike I took last year with some friends.

We hiked up the back side of Wachusett Mt. in Central MA. It was middle June if I remember correctly last year. We started around 2:30 am in the morning, everyone arrived bright and chipper for the hike at our meeting point ;). Actually I think the only one who was not super enthused and awake was my dog....as soon as we got out of the car that changed.

We took the midstate trail up, from the south and had no problems staying on trail or with the hike. Notedly spooky was the dogs eyes following us from The woods. They looked rather menacing reflecting off of our headlamps, and as he is a speedy little fellow there was no keeping track of where he was, except for the following eyes sometimes infront, sometimes to the side, sometimes rushing up from behind...
Another noted annoyance was the websicles, not sure if they were from spiders or catipilars, or whatever. (or technical term for them) We often switched lead however due to people getting aggrivated from becomming entangled in them. There was quite an amazing amount of this stuff to walk into, and it would cover your arms face and head.
moving on to more pleasant stuff, We got to the top around 4:15 or so in the morning, and it was still quite dark. This gave us plenty of time to set up our psuedo camp.cook station for breakfast. We had some great greesy nasty food, it consisted of: Bacon and eggs, and then the bagles fried in the bacon greese and made into sandwitches with some fresh brewed coffee. WE got this all together just in time to watch the sunrise, and played some early morning frisbee catch before heading back down and on towards the rest of our day.

here are the pics's
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/Wet22/Watchusett/

Nice morning, nice pics!!

Truly awe inspring, sunrises from mountaintops.

Reminds me of mine on Mt. Moriah last October (minus the frisbee :) ).

Great Tr and liked your pics. I must hyave hiked that same trail and Mt 30-40 times when I lived in Shrewsbury, Mass. Great close in Mtn w many memories for me...Thanks