North & Middle Tripyramid - Livermore, Scaur, Pine Bend, Mt Tripyamid (South Slide)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
North & Middle Tripyramid - Livermore, Scaur, Pine Bend, Mt Tripyamid (South Slide)

Date of Hike: 06/02/2015

Trail Conditions: Wet, well it did rain Sunday and Monday so that was to be expected, Upper section of Scaur and Pine Bend had numerous blow downs but I met the two rangers who were planning on clear them. Also had several on the Mt. Tripyramid trail also. The two biggest crossings below the South Slide did get my feet wet in trail shoes but not too bad. I just tried to find a low spot on the largest crossing close to Livermore Road and it was barely above the ankles, had I wore boots, I may have kept my feet dry.

Special Equipment Required: Saw just one four or five foot piece of ice. For the nearly 6.5 hours I was out it only lightly rained for about an hour. Rain coat was very helpful when the trail got narrow & I was in the fir car wash. Mittens were very helpful too.

Comments: Day started at 8:45 with a temp of 36. I was the only car in the lot but one other hiker made the trip by the time I returned to the car. Day warmed up to 43. Very few trail markers on this loop but it's pretty obvious. Not sure if the rangers were going to clear the upper 1/3 of the Scaur which had the majority of the blow downs on the Scaur trail including a crawl under. Although no views, it was a very peaceful quiet day. NH Solo peaks #45 & #46, only Zealand & Moriah remain on the solo list.

Mike P.
[email protected]