North Pack via Ted's Trail Almost 3/2/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kenne
Looking for something close to home, I drove up to North Pack Monadnock from Waltham MA. Coming up from Waltham where it almost looks like spring is just around the corner, the amount of snow in Wapack Range region took this writer by surprise. The recent snowfalls of last week and yesterday have the region looking like Canada.

Last March when I hiked this trail, we saw many other hikers, but today only the lower portions of the trail was broken out. I didn't see anyone all day or any other cars at the TH. I don't think anyone has been up Ted's trail in long long time. I was breaking trail all the way from third junction with Carolyn's Trail. In hind sight maybe I should have taken Carolyn's Trail and brought my extenders for my MSR's. I got 90% up North Pack and ran out of time and energy. Too bad, it was nice sunny day, bit windy, but the views would have been nice. So if anyone's interested Ted's trail is almost all broken out.