O-ware products

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burg

Reaction score
Hey,
Have any of you used any products from O-ware. Seems like a one man outfit and I am wondering about the product quality and performance. Thanks.
The website, if anyone is interested, is here

I own a bivy sack he made, and have seen a couple other products of his (tarp, 2nd bivy).

They're all very well-made, and he answered right away when I had a question about the bivy.

He's also making a number of the products that backpackinglight.com sells.

- Steve

I use a sil-nylon tarp they made, I wanted it a bit larger than the standard width of cloth and the seam is not along the top which is a good thing. The sewing is much better than my homemade jobs, including the re-enforcement points. At the rear of the tarp, the tie-out point is about a foot in from the edge. This lets the end of the tarp fall downward into a beak which is nice because it allows that end to be closed off to prevent a draft. It was slow in arriving, but when I called them about it, there had been some sort of mix up which they corrected right away. Their site and product line has grown since my purchase. They recently responded to a question I had e-mailed. Nice people. I'ld recommend them. Because of their "beak system" it would be a good idea to order an longer tarp than you think you need, especially if you were counting a the front end beak. (They also sell fabric)