Old forge mcDonalds

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
Whats the story with the mcDonalds in Old Forge NY. this is the second year in a row that is is closed. You cant throw a stick in old Forge without hitting a snowmobile, so there must be plenty of customers. Not to mention that it is a perfect stop off point for hikers driving home. It is one hour from my house so it was the perfect spot to stop for breakfast and to stop on the way homee. I always thought is was the worst run McDonalds I was ever in, but is it that bably run?

A few years back I took my daughter to Old Forge camping. We had season passes to the water park and decided to spend a week at the state campsite. I stopped at McDonalds to find out where the state campsite was located and no one who worked there had any idea where it was located. I was finally directed to the assitant mgr. who told me that they were unable to find enough local people to fill the jobs so they bussed in folks from Herkimer each day to staff the place. I can see with the water park open and summer tourist season why a town this small would have problems providing enough staffing with the other competition probably paying better wages; but it must cost a fortune to bus people in from Herkimer. I guess with school back in session and the ski resort and the winter tourist business this could be the reason why they are not open.
Don't quote me on this it is only a guess. :confused: