One from the Alpine Garden

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was up in the Alpine Garden on Mount Washington last weekend and came away with about 41 shots that I kept. Conditions were crap, but it was an AMC group going up so I figured what the heck. This is one of my favorite ones.

Picture1-1.png

Well, I'll jump in first and say that I think this is excellent. The first thing that I like is the even light, and great detail in the white parts of the frame. A great exposure in good light. The composition, the off center placement of the flowers leading into the frame, and the repeating patterns of the flowers is all, IMO, ideal.

The rock in the background provides a nice clean background, and hints at the environment these live in.

Focus is in the right spot...I really can't nit pick this at all. Perhaps sharpening for web presentation could be helpful.

Really an excellent shot...can you link to the rest of the album???

Beautiful images! I left you a comment on #32. The last four images are also excellent.

Try not to include multiple images of the same subject, such as the first few of you standing in front of the undercast. Pick one, and eliminate the rest. This will give the image more meaning, just don't ask me to explain why. It just does. I learned that from more experienced photographers and I have come to belive it. Just my $.02!

You obviously have a good eye ;)

Thanks for the tips, forestgnome! I had thought about hiding some of them already. I just need to actually do it. LOL! Perhaps that should be on my list for today.