Pharoah Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
What a beautiful day it was it was sunday. We approached the mountain via Crane pond Road, but had to walk the last part of the road; about 2 miles or so. It was pretty packed from snowmobile travel and some fool trying to drive it, to no avail. We spent more time looking for new bushwhacks up the small peaks than we did climbing. It took us 4.5 hours to get to the top. But, to defend ourselves we did have to break trial the last 1/2 mile. and the last half mile of course is always the steepest. The snow was up to knee deep, with our snowshoes; without, well lets just say we didn't even take that road.

Our plan was to check the trail off route 74, we did and it looked to be pretty much unbroken. This looks to be the winter route, it's about 1-2 miles or so shorter.

The road was very moderate, a few ups and downs, but we didn't even notice the downs on the way in; on the way out we noticed. The trail from Crane Pond was broken, somewhat, the day before. The person the day before barebooted it up to about a Half mile from the top, that's where we needed to break trail. Up to that point it was a easy pace climb, no steep sections, pretty moderate. Then when we started breaking trail, I should say, Brian breaking trail. The climb began and didn't stop till the top. Of course the week before on Giant I broke my snowshoe binding and I was using my wife's snowshoes, all I can say is, much to small for my oversized figure. Also of course Brian weighing in at about 100 less than I, broke trail, for light weights. I still managed to sink in an extra 6-8 inches more. I successfully broke the trail down to bedrock for the two guys behind us.

Well that's all I got to say. Oh yah. It only took us 2.25 hours out, without the exploring. Great mountain, have fun on it and enjoy.