Picture trip report from Peak foliage time in the ADK

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdRiverRun

Reaction score
First is a few from little Porter.
CIMG1204.JPG

CIMG1206.JPG

CIMG1208.JPG

CIMG1212.JPG

Hurricane on Sunday
CIMG1228.JPG

CIMG1230.JPG

I planned 2 years ago to finish my 100 highest on Hurricane at full peak foliage. I think I nail it. Made the wait since 99 well worth it.
CIMG1236.JPG

CIMG1237.JPG

Then later in the day I needed a little more and went with a friend to Belfry.
CIMG1239.JPG

Full album of 34

Last edited:
Cory . . . those are absolutely splendid photos!!

Hey, unfortunately I'm not all that familiar with the ADKs, but we had the opportunity for a very brief visit there in early Spring of this year. There was only time to do a few short hikes, and one of them was to the little peak named Owl's Head. I mention this only because of the photo shown below. My peak ID skills are mediocre (even within my own environment here in the Whites), but it appears that maybe we got a somewhat similar view (albeit much lower) to the view shown in your 3rd photo (the one with the blue water bottle)?
Or, am I just trying too hard to make a square peg fit into a round hole?:confused:

100_1561.JPG

The spots are about 2.5 miles apart as the crow flies. The shoulder of the mountain on the right in your photo is the main ridge of the same mountain I took my photo from. The background mountains I believe are the same just at different angles.:cool:

CIMG1208.JPG

100_1561.JPG

Last edited:
I numbered the photos to make it a little easier for reference. Even the walk out which is where I shot 8 was great because the trees faded from very light underneath to dark on top. I am no photographer, these are pretty much just point and click with a standard camera so you can imagine how intense all the colors and views actually were. I wish some of the super phenom photographers from this site were there because it was damn hard to go wrong in any direction.

For some reason although it looks simple I'm kinda partial to number 6. There is so many colors in the shot, the sky had an amazing fade to it and the clouds small and independent.

Hurricane is a fantastic peak in any season, don't wait another 99 peaks before going back. ;) And indeed, you nailed it! Beautiful.

Gorgeous!

Congratulations on your accomplishment and many thanks for sharing such beautiful photos!

Tremendous way to finish! Great plan and exquisite timing on the foliage.
I'm planning a finish on Dunn Brook in about 2025....

jt