Ravine Lodge Road is Open

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Rooney

Reaction score
Did Moosilauke via Gorge Brook today and was pleasantly surprised to find the gate open and the road in pretty good shape. The crew there opening the Lodge said the road was opened yesterday, and they plan to have the Lodge open for business in a week.

Ravine Lodge Conditions

We have a little Kia, so Im trying to get the road conditions for Ravine Lodge Road up to the cabin and round about...

You should be fine, it's maintained pretty well. Keep an eye out for washboards on the major turns.

Moderator Note
Merged with a recent thread on the Ravine Lodge Road.

Last edited:
Took my little Honda Civic up Ravine Rd yesterday and had no trouble. Few pot holes and exposed rocks but had no trouble. No mud. Was surprised though by the amount of snow on Gorge Brk Trail. Was still firm enough early, on the monorail which is beginning to form, to support our weight but it was softening by late morning. Off the side of the rail it was postholed bad by others. Snow is still 2-4ft deep from the GBT relocation until the trail breaks out near the summit. Still spots of deep snow on Carriage Rd but melting fast and deep snow on S Peak trail. Bring the sunscreen. Sun was brutal yesterday.

I am not sure its deliberate but I believe that the lodge road is maintained to encourage most folks to follow the speed limit. On more than a few visits up and down that road over the years, I have encountered folks who didnt figure out that they were no longer on a paved road with 50 MPH speedlimit.