Rocky Peak Ridge bushwhack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwacker

Reaction score
decided to start from the round pond trailhead, then mostly follow the ridge to rocky peak. first 1/m mile i climbed 500 ft. through mostly open woods, lots of rock and very steep in places. then headed to the little slide at the end of the ridge. very nice open rock for 1/4 mile to the top where there is a very open rocky top. but after that i finally had to do some bushwhacking, hadn't really hit any trees in the first hour. some little stuff, then some thick blowdown on top of the 3900 ft. bump on the south end of the ridge. had to work my way down and around to avoid it. then after it was a matter of walking either below the ridge or on top, depending on the openings i could find. only a few real thick spots, but if you look hard enough there are ways around the worst. then the last 1/4 mile along the top of the ridge you will find a faint path to follow all the way to the top. total trip was 2.6 miles, only took me 3hr. 15 min. not bad for a bushwhack. went up giant and down the ridge trail back to parking lot in 6 hrs. total. very nice loop. didn't see anyone until i was heading up giant, then there was people everywhere it seemed. must be why i like to bushwack so much!

What's this "i" stuff? No Sunny? And if she didn't come I take it she couldn't have brought Spencer. :) Need some sucker to come along make a post or a pm :D